Friday, April 16, 2010

Quilt show

Our guild held their annual show on April 11th, it was a huge success. I had many pieces in it as did others, we really thought for awhile that we wouldn't have enough for a show. As it turned out we had 37 pieces.
In this post I am posting the three viewer choice winners.
Rhoda, 1st , Josie 2nd and Barb 3rd.
My piece was a hang appliqued quilt, pattern by Susan Gorman. Three years and five hand surgeries and it was finally done!  It was my first attempt at hand applique and I can sure see the progression of the neat stitches.
I thoroughly enjoyed making it, but likely won't repeat the process for awhile.
I believe Josie's is a Jinny beyer pattern. Barb set very old crosstitch blocks into her winning quilt. I have included a picture of the close-up quilting on mine, I machine quilted it.
Enjoy.

No comments: