Friday, February 6, 2015

Winter storm warning and box kite blocks

We had a doozey of a winter storm yesterday, cold wind and snow -28. So far today it is overcast and cold but they keep telling us we are under a winter storm warning. Bring it on, comfy and cozy in my studio. A good time to settle in and get some projects done.
I finished the box kite block quilt. This is one of Bonnie Hunter's blocks it was in the May/June 14 Quiltmaker magazine. I am quite pleased with it. So this is my third quilt made from scrappy stash this year. I'm on a roll.
I worked hart to get the darks and medium/lights to run the opposite way. I think I succeeded. I still have a lot of 2 1/2" strips left, as I hardly made a dent in the box full.
Here is a finish too , I call it "Celestial Reflections", I did purchase some fabric for this one. The inspiration came from  Van Gough's painting" Starry Night Over the Rhone"
The pattern will be available soon.  
OH MY, I forgot one other important finish. I designed a quilt called
Geese in the Garden, it is on my Patterns For Sale Page. Well, as I love wool, I also did it in Wool. Here is the wool version, pattern available soon. If you are interested let me know, and I will get it written up sooner :)
Hope you are all having a wonderful sewing day :) 
Thanks for stopping by, if you feel inclined I would be pleased if you left a comment. 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh Rhoda--such beautiful finishes..I love the box kite's colors--you did a fabulous job on the diagonal colors...
Geese in the Garden looks like fun..did you needleturn or machine? hugs, Julierose

Peggy said...

Fantastic quilts! Love the colors in all of them!

Monica said...

Celestial Reflections is a gorgeous design, Rhoda! I love those secondary patterns. You've been busy. Stay cozy!

Quayceetatter said...

Beautiful quilts and I love the Geese in the Garden.

Kevin the Quilter said...

All of your work is simply stunning! You are a true artist!