Saturday, March 14, 2009

Still Life #4


I have finished another one of the pieces done in Pamela Allan's class. This was our 'independant study'.
I had a lot of fun with it, the raven is a true northern raven in the winter. He is all fluffed up to ward off the cold.
I have one more to stitch in this series, all with Ravens.
I will tell you the story of the raven, from our point of view.
My husband passed away 4 years ago, since then we have relocated. My youngest grandaughter and her grampa were hooked at the hip. When walking to my house after school, there is a raven that waits on the snowbank, and hops along all the way home with her, she's sure it's grampa. That's why I had to do a series with ravens, and why not still life!

1 comment:

Gladys Love said...

That's a very touching reason to do ravens Rhoda! And the piece is lovely. They look like so much fun! Gladys.