Saturday, December 5, 2015

Allietare! Clue #2 and Ballroom Dance.

I have finished clue #2 for Allietare! Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery Quilt. Click the button on the right hand side to read more about it.
My grey is a bit dark and looks blue in the picture, but it really is grey:) I am using various shades of grey from the stash.
 And the little 2" squares are done too.
All we need now is to use some gold.

 I look forward to Link Up Monday and visiting all my new friends blogs. Love blogging this time of year...summer not so much.
I am linking with Bonnie Hunter's link up Monday for the Allietare! Mystery Quilt. Have a look at what others are doing .

http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2015/12/allietare-mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html


I am also working on a Judy Niemeyer quilt, queen size called Ballroom Dance. All from the bali stash. Just have to piece the borders now. My design wall is not larger enough :)
This is my first full size pattern of hers, and I enjoyed the process. Thanks to a wonderful teacher at one our local quilt shops. Around The Block in Beaverlodge, Alberta..about 60 miles from here. But, when you live in the north you get used to travelling for things you want . 
I just realized looking at the picture that the bottom row has two blocks turned wrong...a date with Mr Ripper is in order. 
Happy Saturday, hope your weekend is full of fun. 

10 comments:

Vireya said...

Your mystery is looking good, but I absolutely love the Ballroom Dance!

Valerie said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. :) I'm really liking your units for this clue too. I don't think your greys are too dark, I think you'll be fine. And I LOVE your Ballroom Dance quilt! It's stunning!

gayle said...

I completely agree with Vireya! Ballroom Dance looks like it's fun to piece, too!

Bente Antonsen said...

Nice progress on the mystery. Your Ballroom Dance quilt is marvellous

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love your pretty units...and the Ballroom quilt, I can't even imagine doing that one..it sure is a Beauty.

SandyPA said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. I was curious and decided to visit a couple of your blogs. Your applique work is amazing! It will be fun to see how Bonnie's Allietare turns out. Check out the guess on Fabardashery.blogspot.com. Hmmmm.
Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

Great job finishing all the units! Looking goo.

Lynette said...

Tomorrow we get Clue 3! Can't believe how fast this is flying along. I NEED ANOTHER WEEK TO BE READY FOR CHRISTMAS!! yikes. :) Your Judy Niemeyer Ballroom project is absolutely fantastic. I love doing her patterns.

Kate said...

Congrats on being caught up through clue 2. Your Ballroom Dance blocks are amazing!

Andee said...

SO much fun to check in on all the blogs...love seeing the mystery progress!