Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New Work...spring has arrived.

It seems when spring arrives my blog is totally ignored. So here goes I will try and play catch up.  
I had a great winter finishing up projects.
 Bonnie Hunter's pattern Smith Mountain is finished and gifted to one of my favorite nieces.
 These little girls ( something like sunbonnet Sue) is finally finished after waiting for a couple of years. Gifted to another favorite niece.
Here is a close up of one block.

This wonderful pattern was received from  a friend down east. First quilt I ever did in solids...and again waited for many years to be quilted.  It is staying with me.

More to come soon.
A city north east of is has evacuated due to a huge Forest Fire. the largest evacuation in Canadian history, at least 81,000 people. I will be busy making some comfort quilts for the evacuees.  I hope you are having a wonderful spring. I love being outdoors digging in the dirt. 

No comments: